Asana Unveils New AI Innovations to Help Every Organization Work Smarter
Asana Intelligence, powered by the Work Graph®, drives greater clarity, impact, and scale for executives, departments, and entire organizations
“We stand at the precipice of a new golden age of innovation, where humans and AI together can achieve more than ever,” says
Asana’s latest AI innovations offer leaders:
A smarter way to maximize impact
- (Starting today) Smart fields: Organize projects to support cross-functional collaboration with auto-generated custom fields.
- (Starting today) Smart editor: Write clearer, more compelling drafts that strike the appropriate tone (for example, polite vs. direct or concise vs. detailed).
- (Starting today) Smart summaries: Surface highlights from task descriptions and comments, along with key action items. In the future, make video calls actionable by turning meeting transcripts from calls into summaries and action items.
- (What’s ahead) Smart workflows: Create workflows with simple, natural language instructions that are optimized over time to match specific goals and best practices.
- (What’s ahead) Smart digests: See project updates with a feed that tracks recent changes or what may require priority attention.
A smarter way to drive clarity and accountability
- (Winter 2023) Smart status: Create more comprehensive status updates faster with AI, pulling from real-time work data to identify risks, open questions, and roadblocks standing in the way of hitting goals.
- (Winter 2023) Smart answers: Use natural language to ask Asana questions, and get timely answers and insights about projects, identify blockers, and determine next steps.
- (Summer 2024) Smart goals: Write more effective goals by starting with a plain description of what to achieve and let AI draft it based on previous goals and performance.
- (What’s ahead) Smart planning: Visualize potential outcomes with scenario planning based on timelines, resource allocations, and approved budgets.
- (What’s ahead) Smart workload: Monitor and adjust team resourcing based on historical and future capacity to meet changing goals.
A smarter way to scale
- (What’s ahead) Smart search: Use natural language to search and pull relevant information from Asana’s Work Graph data (for example, “show tasks assigned to me in the last month”).
Asana AI Technology Partner network: Leverage leading foundation models from OpenAI and Anthropic, tailored for the enterprise in a trusted, secure, and ethical way. Asana also integrates with services like
Amazon Web Services(AWS) AppFabric to improve collaboration at scale.
Asana AI Channel Partner network: Support customers at scale in AI implementation through leading global solutions and systems integrator experts, like Slalom,
CPrime, and West Monroe.
- Enterprise security & control: Keep data safe, secure, and compliant with enterprise-grade security and permissions, while providing admins with controls over the role of AI at work.
Asana’s new AI capabilities are designed to help entire organizations – individuals, departments, and leaders – work smarter and drive outcomes faster. From marketing executives wanting to drive clarity around annual planning and goals; to operations leaders looking to maximize impact by scaling strategic initiatives across departments; and IT executives eager to standardize work management on one enterprise-grade platform that is trusted, secure, and uses AI in a transparent way, Asana’s new AI capabilities help enterprises around the world work smarter.
“At IPG Mediabrands, we use technology to empower all 18,000 of our employees across more than 130 countries. Asana has been instrumental in helping our teams work smarter,” says
Asana’s Work Innovation Score
Asana also launched The Work Innovation Score, a proprietary, first-of-its-kind AI-driven benchmark developed by its
“Asana’s Work Innovation Score provides a lens into how teams work together, predicting challenges in how employees are collaborating in order to proactively address them. At AWS and through our joint research with Asana’s
More updates will be shared at Asana’s Work Innovation Summit – watch the event replay here.
Asana empowers organizations to work smarter. Headquartered in
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 that are based on management’s beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to management. Forward-looking statements include, but are not limited to, statements about our ability to execute on our current strategies, our technology and brand position, expected benefits of our offerings, Asana’s market position, and potential market opportunities. Forward-looking statements generally relate to future events or Asana’s future financial or operating performance. Forward-looking statements include all statements that are not historical facts and in some cases can be identified by terms such as “anticipate,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” “believe,” “continue,” “could,” “potential,” “may,” “will,” “goal,” or similar expressions and the negatives of those terms. However, not all forward-looking statements contain these identifying words. Forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, including factors beyond Asana’s control, that may cause Asana’s actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. These risks include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties related to: Asana’s ability to achieve future growth and sustain its growth rate, Asana’s ability to attract and retain customers and increase sales to its customers, Asana’s ability to develop and release new products and services and to scale its platform, including the successful integration of artificial intelligence, Asana’s ability to increase adoption of its platform through Asana’s self-service model, Asana’s ability to maintain and grow its relationships with strategic partners, the highly competitive and rapidly evolving market in which Asana participates, Asana’s international expansion strategies, and the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and broader macroeconomic conditions.
Further information on risks that could cause actual results to differ materially from forecasted results or anticipated impact are included in Asana’s filings with the